Pharyngitis or sore throat can change your voice to be like Amy Winehouse's voice. How? Well, when you have to strain your voice in order to speak to other people, your voice will be coarse and you will lose your real voice. That's what have happened to me today. It's not the first time as I lost my voice few months ago too. So, this morning when my students asked me about my voice, I told them a ridiculous joke. I told them, "Last night some aliens came to my house and stole away my beautiful voice". Some students laughed some were clueless to my explanation. Some even gave some advice by saying, "You don't have to teach today and we can just relax". Yup, they taught that they can just do nothing when I lost my voice. But it didn't happen because I still managed to teach them.
I've tried most of the tips to ease this pain. It will take few days before I can get my actual voice. For now, I can be Amy Winehouse or Ella (the famous Malaysian rocker).
If you are having the same problem or for your future reference, here are the tips for SORE THROAT.
The following tips may help your sore throat feel better:
- Drink warm liquids such as lemon tea or tea with honey.
- Gargle several times a day with warm salt water (1/2 tsp of salt in 1 cup water).
- Drink cold liquids or suck on popsicles.
- Suck on hard candies or throat lozenges. Young children should not be given such products because they can choke on them.
- A cool-mist vaporizer or humidifier can moisten and soothe a dry and painful throat.
- Try over-the-counter pain medications, such as acetaminophe