Check this out!

Click To View

A & N academic and scientific editing service

Contact us when you need someone to proof read or translate some documents.

Monday, September 5, 2011

Raya 2011: 4 days in Kelantan and 2 days in Perak, Kedah & Penang.


I've been so lazy to type out any entry here. I shouldn't blame the Raya Mood because other bloggers somehow managed to update their blog. Since I haven't been able to upload all the photos yet, I can only share the summary of our Raya 2011.

Sunday 28th August 2011

Our flight was as early as 10.30 a.m. My FIL sent us to Subang Airport and we checked in by 9.20 a.m. My daughters were so excited because they couldn't wait to see go back to Kelantan. They sang "Balik Kampung" all the way. Once we touched down in Kota Bharu, I realized how much I miss my hometown. My brother, Pein and her wife and daughter picked us up and we bought some fresh fish and squids on our way back. We planned to break our fast with our abah (dad) that day. I had plan to cook some special dishes for him since I didn't have the chance to do that last year. I prepared "Gulai Ikan Ayo (Ikan Tongkol)" and "Sambal Tumis Sotong" with fried vegetables. That evening, we break our fast together for the first time this year.

Monday 29th August 2011

Since it was the last day of fasting, I asked my hubby to accompany me to the Wet Market in Wakaf Bharu. I had expected to see so many people but I didn't expect to see that the number of people was double than usual! I just wanted to buy several items but we had to park so far that I canceled my intentions to buy some of the heavier items. My daughters got their bubble toys too because they saw them before I could sway their attention. Once we were at home, my aunts and my SIL had prepared some ingredients for "Rendang" and other dishes for the first day of raya. We prepared and cooked some special dishes from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m. By the evening, I just prepared Fried Noodle for breaking our fast. We also ate our Chicken Rendang and Beef Rendang with the fried noodle.

Tuesday 30th August  2011

It's first day of Eid (Raya). I woke up as early as 5 o'clock since I wanted to cook some more "ketupat nasi". I also reheated Rendang, Lodeh and Gulai Ayam. Hafizah also helped me to fill in the raya cookies in the cookies jar. By the time everybody was ready to go to the mosque, we had ample time to eat some dishes.
After Raya prayer, we went to visit my late mum's, grandma's, grandpa's and great grandma's graves. When we arrived home, we had a nice photo session with all the family members. It's a very important event each year. Then, we proceeded to visit our relatives in 6 different houses in few different areas in Wakaf Bharu, Kota Bharu and Pasir Mas.

TO BE CONTINUED......................


Ummi Hanie @ AnNisa Fadzil said...

salam aidilfitri kak ..

balik kampung sentiasa menyeronokkan tambahan jika org tua masih ada .. :)

yatie chomeyl said...

tahun ni x gi maye tasbih kat masjid ko male rayo?

ado dop sedaro maro tanyo pasal tie? *koya glemer*

pB said...


balik beraya di Klatae , memae seronok.
Yang tak bestnya , nok jalae ..
sano sini jem ...
nak nak chabae'.