Once again, I'm going to try my luck in the contest organized by Mom Bloggers Planet. (takkan berhenti dari masuk contest sbb dah addicted. hehe). For this month;November, the theme is Cutest Baby in Nature. As usual the sponsors are Photobook Malaysia and Alice Wonders. (thanks a heap!).
Now if you are also interested to join, let's see the T&C:
Terms & Condition
- This contest is opened to Malaysian babies 0-3 years old at the time of entry.
- Picture should be current or less than 1 year difference from the actual age of baby.
- You can post many pictures in one entry but should not compile them together. Please post each picture separately to make judging easy.
- Entry must be submitted by a parent, legal guardian or close relatives (can enter for child, sibbling or cousin).
- Entry can be in Bahasa Malaysia or English.
- Contest starts from 1st to 15th November 2009
- By participating, you expressly consent for your particulars, entries and photos to be posted on MomBloggersPlanet.com.
- The Grand Prize and First Prize winners will be automatically qualified for the 2009 Cutest Baby of the Planet contest.
- MomBloggersPlanet will select the winners
- AliceWonders and PhotoBook Malaysia will handle the prizes delivery to Malaysian address for free. Any delivery outside of Malaysia would have to be chargeable.
- Judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entertained
- Winners will be announced on MomBloggersPlanet.com and also will be contacted via email.
- MomBloggersPlanet.com reserves the rights to change, amend, delete or add on to these Terms and Conditions without prior notice to you and shall become effective on such date as determine by us. You agree to be bound by such amendments.
- MomBloggersPlanet.com reserves the right to cancel the contest at any stage, if deemed necessary in our opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of our control.
These photos were taken when she was 16 mnths old in our garden.
(The second photo: sorry there's her big sis in the background as they were playing together)
This is the latest photo of her taken also in our garden.
Name: Hafizah binti Ariff
Date of birth: 22 June 2007The background nature in the photos: We have a huge garden here in our rental house. There's a lot of different kinds of plants and flowers that keeps changing according to the season. Now, it's spring time, we can see lots of flowers blooming in the garden. There are daisies, roses, lillies and lots more. It's good to have a huge garden because my kids can explore the nature in our own background. In summer, we can enjoy eating plums because we have three plum trees. We also sometimes have some friends over who will bring their kids to play in our garden. Last summer, we also had a big BBQ feast in our garden.
Age: 2 years 4 months old
Age: 2 years 4 months old
The goodness of bringing baby out to enjoy outdoor activities: In my opinion, baby is always eager to learn and discover on their own. Thus, doing discovery in nature is the best option as we can help her to begin to understand about the environment. We can assist our baby by asking her lots of questions about the things around them. Don't worry about asking these questions even when your baby hasn't been able to talk yet. We can at the same time help our baby to develop her language ability. Some of the questions that we can ask are:
- Why do you think we have plants?
- Why are there so many different animals/insects/birds?
- Why do you think we have soil?
- Why do you think we need the sun?
- Why do you think we have water?
- Why are grass,most plants are green?
Don't worry about the answers given by our baby. Some will be even be funny and witty answers. It's important to let them explore first and you can always give the explanation later or even better if you find more information about nature together. To make it more interesting, there are lots of activities that you can do together with your baby. Some of my favourite activities that I personally have tried with Hafizah are:
- Touch, see and maybe pluck some flowers (if it's your own garden.). Then you and your baby can paste some flowers in a scrapbook.
- Any interesting games using ball.
- Hide and seek.
- Watching and talk about insects that your baby can see.
- Treasure hunt. (hide her toys in suitable places)
- Pick your own veges(if you have some-we had tomatoes and cucumbers last year)
Here are the things that your baby will do according to ages:
One year old: Learning through the experiences around her.
Two year old: Engaging more in sensory play as way of learning about the world. Totally absorbing experiences like a sponge.
Three year old: Her knowledge of simple concept is growing and she may want to revisit games and experiences that she has enjoyed.
(source: Littlies Magazine, NZ)
I guess that's all that I say for now.
Before I forget, here are the links that I have to insert:
MomBloggersPlanet contest page : http://www.mombloggersplanet.com/1899/cutest-baby-photo-contest-november-09/
PhotoBookMalaysia : http://www.photobook.com.my
AliceWonders : http://www.alicewonders.com