This is an attempt to enter the contest organized by Nuffnang Malaysia. I'm not really an expert in cooking but I love cooking and I always try to change some recipes according to my own taste and creativity (some didn't really work but hey it's better to try right?).
Now let's see the simple dish that I want to share:
"Kirikiriroa Hot and Sweet Mussel". All right, now let's see the ingredients:
From top left: Ginger (abt 1 inch), Garlics (3 cloves), Hot Chillies (put more if you like it very hot) and Onions (2)
The most important ingredient! : 1 kg of Mussel
2 tablespoons of Chilli Paste with Soya Bean Oil (or you can use chilli powder),A glass of water and
I forgot to take a photo of the salt and abt 3 tablespoons of cooking oil. So, don't forget those ingredients too! hehe
Now ladies and gentlemen, let's see the methods:
1.Heat 3 tablespoons of cooking oil.
2.Saute garlics, ginger, chillies and onions until they look brown.
3. 2 tablespoons of chilli paste or chilli powder.Cook until the mixture looks well blended.
4. Pour in the water.
5. Put all the mussels in the pan.
6. Get a pot lid to cover in order to steam it for about 20-25 minutes. Don't forget to check it from time to time. When all of the mussel shells are slightly opened, you know that the dish is ready.
7. Garnish the dish with coriander or spring onions. (It's optional)
*this recipe is what I tried when I was in New Zealand. As we can't find Mussel here, I suggest that you can use other types of seafood like clams.
Why do I deserve the title “Malaysia’s First Ever Blogger MasterChef” or “Blogger MasterChef Yang Pertama”? My cooking repertoire includes Asian, Western and Fusion cooking as I love to try almost everything. I'm quite adventurous in the presenting my food and love to get any kind of feedback about my food.
pardon my sentences esp. when I sound bragging
Here are the things you need to know about Masterchef Malaysia- MasterChef Malaysia launch date – 22nd October 2011
- Show title – MasterChef Malaysia
- Program Details: – MasterChef TX will be starting from 22nd October 2011, every Saturday – Wednesday, 9.00pm. Master Class will be on every Friday, 9.00pm.
- Program channel – Astro Ria (Channel 104)
- Official Site URL – http://www.astro.com.my/MasterChef/
- Facebook Page Link- http://www.facebook.com/MasterChefMalaysia
- Twitter Link– www.twitter.com/MasterChefMY
- Background Information on MasterChef (Can be written in your own words if you wish) – MasterChef is a worldwide phenomenon. A cooking reality show, that although doesn’t allow viewers to vote, has still broken viewership records in US and Australia. MasterChef is a success because not only is Food something we are all very passionate about but the show only allows amateur cooks to compete. Malaysians who love cooking but never had a chance to really showcase their skills and be appreciated, now get the opportunity! Get ready for the MasterChef phenomenon to take over Malaysia on 22nd October 2011!
p/s: Wish me luck. Thanks ;)