Many people have been rushing to go back to their hometown since yesterday. My hubby was stuck in a jam at LDP for 2 hours. My FIL was also stuck in another highway. Guess what happened? Yup, massive traffic jam just because everybody wanted to go back to their hometown a.s.a.p.
Normally there's nothing much that we can do when we are stuck in a traffic jam. Most of the time we become frustrated with the uncontrollable situation. The honking and jumping queues make things worse. Then, the swearing starts and makes everybody to feel so stressed out.
Now, what if I tell you that you don't have to swear when you are stuck in a traffic jam? (especially when you are fasting).How to keep your cool?
Try these methods:
- turn on the radio and choose your favourite radio station to accompany you.
- whenever you feel the urge to swear, just change the negative words to something positive or funny like, "Oh my sweet friend", "What the frog", "Son of the bird".
- recite something that calm you down like quranic verse or 99 names of Allah.
- breathe in and breathe out when you feel like shouting at other people.
- imagine that you are actually in an island and having a good time.
- eat or drink something. (make sure you always have some food supply on the go)
- talk to your friend or your passengers in the car.
- chew a chewing gum.