Check this out!

Click To View

A & N academic and scientific editing service

Contact us when you need someone to proof read or translate some documents.
http://www.annediting.com/index.html

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

It's NOT A JOKE! OKAY! (A case of sexual harassment at a workplace)

Salam,

Am I angry? Am I upset? The answer is YES! Not with you who is reading this entry. But with some of my male colleagues. They sometimes cross the line when they make some jokes that can be insulting and a kind of sexual harassment. I'm not able to list all of the examples of their dirty jokes but some comments that they jokingly said could hurt our feeling and intelligence.

One of my dear friends now is a Korean teacher. She can be innocent and sometimes gullible. (Even she herself realize it!). She always becomes the target when some of the male teachers making their dirty jokes. I can only vividly remember one examples of their dirty jokes:

(The names below are not their real names)
Mr. Jack:   You know what? I've got a cheque here.
Miss Mary: So, you're so rich now. Why don't you buy us something.
Mr. Jack:    Why should I? Who are you?
Miss Mary:  Oh, come on. I thought I'm your good friend.
Mr. Jack:     No,no,no. You are only my convenient friend.  (Then, he laughed)
Miss Mary:  What do you mean by that? Tell me!
Mr. Jack:     Err.....nothing. It's just a joke.

My friend, Mary was so upset with the label Mr. Jack gave to her. She consulted him again the next day and she managed to get him apologized. I was shocked too when I heard the label. For him, it was  nothing but for us (maybe because women are so sensitive), we don't think it's okay to treat us like that.

NOW, WHAT SAY YOU? HAVE YOU OR YOUR FRIENDS EVER EXPERIENCED ANY KIND OF ORAL SEXUAL HARASSMENT AT WORK? IF SO, HOW DID YOU RESOLVE THE CONFLICT OR HOW DID YOU REACT?

8 comments:

Nadiah Sidek said...

erk..nadiah tak pernah kena. takmo la kena sampai bila2. kdg2 org lelaki ni cakap bukan pakai otak. main lepas je. tu masalahnya

transformed housewife said...

mmg diaorg kebanyakan cakap tak pakai otak. kesian kwn Knur tu.

Unknown said...

setuju la dgn nadiah, men memang kdg2 suka bercakap tak pakai otak...

so far seingat kakyong tak penah lagi terjadi spjg kerja dulu...

Nia said...

my friends was physically harassed at one time, that guy told her it was a joke. i asked my friend to tell him off and ask him to his face, how do u feel if other guy do the same to your daughter?

that guy never talk to her ever since, but the whole office thought my friend is the one who refused to befriend with him. people like to judge without knowing the real situation. typical.

isabelle said...

err..'oral sexual harassment' ke 'verbal sexual harassment'?

ehehe.
kalo i kena, biasanya i smash je balik. biar terkulat2 jantan tu. biar dia ingat...he cant mess with me

transformed housewife said...

K.Yong,
nasib baik kyong tak pernah kena dulu.

transformed housewife said...

Nia: better to lose a friend if that friend is a loser right?

transformed housewife said...

Belle: Verbal Sexual Harassment. If "Oral" mcm ada maksud kotor pulak. huhu