All right ladies and gentlemen, based on the popular demand
Before I give you the recipe, let's see the photo of the dish:
The original recipe was taken from one of Malaysian's magazines; "Majalah Rasa". However, it has been changed a little bit to suit my family's taste.
Curry Pasta Bake
300 g pasta (any kind but I love to use macaroni or lasagne)
250 g mince meat
3 tbsp of curry powder (diluted in 3 tbsp of water)
2 large onions
1 clove of garlic (more of you love garlic)
1/2 cup of grated carrots
1/2 cup of peas (or can be replaced with other veges)
Some salt and pepper
375 g/ 1 1/2 cups of fresh milk
6 eggs (beaten with fork)
1 cup of grated cheese (Parmesan or Edam or your preferable kind)
3 tbsp vegetable oil/ olive oil
1. Preheat your oven at 180 degree Celsius.
2. Pour the vegetable oil/Olive Oil in a pan and add the minced meat when it's properly heated. Let it brown.
3. Add the onions and garlic. Stir the mixture.
4. Add the curry powder. Stir the ingredients until they are well mixed. You'll get the nice curry smell after that. :D
5. Add the grated carrots and also the peas. Then sprinkle some salt and pepper.
6. Pour the milk when the mixture looks dry enough. Stir for few minutes.
7. Get the baking dish. Pour the mixture into the baking dish.
8. Pour the beaten eggs on top of the mixture. Make sure the whole mixture is covered with the beaten eggs.
9. Sprinkle the grated cheese on top and bake for 40-45 minutes or until the top looks brown.
So, what do you think? Does it looks quite complicated? I think this dish is actually what we used to call "Makaroni Bakar". My playcentre friends expected that I would bring a Malaysian dish but since the said for the potluck party, we were required to bring only a plate of food to be shared, I decided to make this dish.
And now, if you happen to try this recipe, you can alter a bit of here and there to make it your own recipe. That's what the Famous Chefs all over the world have been doing. They don't really come out with their own recipes but they find some old recipes and changed some of the ingredients and the presentation to make it their own. What are you waiting for? Let's get cooking. *wink, wink*.