Have you ever wonder the effects of using the word "BUT" in our life? Have you ever realized that most of the time, "BUT" can really make you hesitate to proceed with your future plan?
Let's see some familiar situations in our life: (some might be related to you and some may not)
- I want to help those poor people BUT I myself don't have enough money.
- I love to become like that successful businessman BUT I'm not as clever as him.
- I like to join your study group BUT I'm afraid that the others won't accept me.
- I want travel around the world or at least visit some countries BUT I need to have a lot of money.
- I love cooking BUT I'm afraid no one would like to try my cooking.
- I would love to venture in business BUT I'm not so confident yet.
- I want to be a good person BUT I'm surrounded around bad people.
- I want to exercise BUT I don't have time do it.
Does any of the situations sound familiar? Have you ever say or give the same excuses?
I myself use the word "BUT" and only realize it has stopped me to pursue what I want to do. When we have the hesitation, our mind will suddenly stop thinking of the other ways that we can use if we have the will. "WHEN THERE'S A WILL, THERE'S A WAY" is a good reminder for us. Thus, we should never say or use the BUT to give a lame excuse of what we think we are unable to do.
NOW.................Let's us try together to somehow reduce the usage of the word "BUT" in our daily conversations. Then, let's see what happens next.