Many bloggers choose to blog to earn some income, share their life experiences, share their wisdoms, promote good things like breasfeeding and positive parenting skills, share gossips in the entertainment industry and some may just want to join the blogging world.
I started off my journey in this blogging world in May 2009. It was my younger sister's idea and she (Nurhayati a.k.a Yatie Chomeyl in the blog world) was the one who encourage me to set up a blog. I admit I was struggling to write up the entries especially during the first few months.
My initial reasons for blogging were to cure my boredom by being stucked at home (yup, some SAHM might disagree with me but that's how I felt), to escape from the mundane routine as a SAHM, to brush-up my writing skills after 2-years-break and learn new things in the blogging world.
Right, I need to go back to the title. I personally think that blogging can be a form of escapism too.
What is escapism and why?
Escapism is mental diversion by means of entertainment or recreation, as an "escape" from the perceived unpleasant or banal aspects of daily life.
It can also be used as a term to define the actions people take to try to help relieve persisting feelingsdepression or general sadness. of
Now why do I think it's an escapism? Well, I use my blog to express my thoughts, experiences, knowledge and the ups and downs in life without ever worried about other people's judgments. When I blog hopping to other people's blogs, I've discovered sources of amusement and entertainment not to forget some blogs which really offer information and new knowledge.
Some might argue that escapism sound so negative. BUT.....if you really know to use your escapism wisely and channel it towards the positive outcomes, you'll gain lot of benefits. I definitely believe that I've gained a lot since May last year.
What have I learnt? Hmmmm..................Let's see:
- there are a lot of SAHM out there who also blog.
- new knowledge and information about various topics.
- information about blogging.
- how other people cope with the adversities in life.
- new experiences in other countries.
- how to write casually compared to the technical writing. (I used to drill my ex-students in how to write a good essays and I guess it's affecting my style of writing in my blog.huhu)
- of course about earning some income from blogging is something new to me though at the moment I chose not to earn yet. Maybe when I go back for good to Malaysia I might want to consider about this.