I talked about food allergy and food intolerance yesterday. And Sirna (one of the bloggers who always visit my blog) asked if I could share a recipe that's suitable for those who are allergic to certain food. So, that's what I'm going to share today. This is not my own recipe but I got this recipe from a friend who posted on the facebook. At our playcentre, we also have almost the same recipe from a recipe book that we normally use for the process cooking.
Egg-Free Chocolate Cake
3 cups of flour
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 cup of cocoa powder
1 teaspoon of salt
1 1/2 cups of sugar
1 cup of vegetable oil
2 cups of cold water
4 teaspoon of vanilla essence
4 tablespoon of vinegar
(I used The Self-Raising Flour instead of standard flour and baking soda)
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees.
2. Line the baking tin with baking paper.
3. Sift the flour, cocoa, baking soda, sugar and salt into a bowl.
4. Combine oil, water, vinegar and vanilla essence in other bowl.
5. Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and mix well.
6. Pour the mixture into the tin.
7. Bake for 1 hour or until the cake looks ready.
You might be wondering where's the photo of the cake? Well, I want to make it a surprise because I intend to write the continuation of this entry tomorrow. We are going to have a simple celebration for Fathini and Hafizah's last day at the playcentre. I'm going to bring the cake for the celebration. So, please be patient and wait until tomorrow to see the cake. hehe. Meanwhile, why don't you try to make your own egg-free chocolate cake too! It only takes about 20 minutes to be prepared. It's really a super-duper easy cake.