Check this out!

Click To View

A & N academic and scientific editing service

Contact us when you need someone to proof read or translate some documents.
http://www.annediting.com/index.html

Monday, January 24, 2011

Don't play, play?- How to correct these sentences? (Use English Correctly Series)

Salam,

Have you ever come across weird sentences or even funny sentences on any signboard, manuals, newspapers or magazines? Do you normally try to correct the sentences or words? I myself just can't help myself not to as I was trained to spot any mistakes or errors because as an English teacher, I need the skill to help me teaching my students.

So, I'm launching (yup- without any ribbons or formal ceremony-hehe) a series of "Use English Correctly" as part of compulsory entries every month. This idea came after I realized that teaching how to use correct English can be my niche in this blog.

To kick off this series, I want to share some sentences that I have found on my daughters' sand art plastic wrap. These instructions are written on top of the wrap to assist the kids on how to do the sand art. I'm going to share the sentences here and for those who happen to  read this entry, you are encourage to try to correct them. HOWEVER.......there's no prize what-so-ever for those who manage to give the correct answers. This is just a kind of free English tutorial for you. *wink*wink.


MAKING METHOD:
1- PICK UP THE PART WHEN YOU WANT TO PAINTING.
2- SPRINKLING COLOR SAND ON THE PART.
3- SPRINKLING DEEP COLOR SAND FIRST, THEN THE SHALLOW COLOR SAND.

So, what do you think? Can you tell me how to correct these sentences? Are you able to comprehend the sentences at the first glance?

3 comments:

Yan said...

owhh... mmg tak pandai nak correct2 english ni.. nak wat ayatpun berputar2 kepala memikir..

yg nampak jelas...
pick up the part when you want to painting..
-> mane bleh 'to painting'
seingat saya.. 'to' no 'ing'


dont play play... start dengar dr phuah chu kang la sebut.. hehehehe

Idayu said...

1-pick up the part which you want to paint
2-sprinkle color sand on the part
3-sprinkle deep color sand first, then the shallow color sand

he3..tenkiu

Unknown said...

dah baca n3 yg terbaru baru baca n3 ni...

ayat 1 to kakyong tak faham pun maksudnya adalah utk 'tear' .. berulangkali baca.. kakyong faham, 'choose' bhgn yg nak diwarna..


selalu kalo kita beri arahan @ statement, tak guna word yang ade 'ing'... normally kita guna verb ajer kan.. hahhaa.. lama dah tinggal grammar.. tp kakyong memang suka grammar...

tp sejak dah lama tak koje.. makin terhakis plak...