I wasn't feeling well yesterday and today I'm on leave. So, I'm spending this quality time with my daughters at home since both of them are also suffering from flu. This morning, we were so lazy that we woke up late and only had our breakfast at 8 o'clock.
Right now, they are playing with their jigsaw puzzles. They love putting together jigsaw puzzles since they were in Peachgrove Playcentre. I also love to buy them new puzzles. When they try to put the jigsaw puzzle pieces together, they can focus so much and they are also able to work together.
These are some of the benefits of using puzzle as a family activity:
- it's a quality time that we can share as a family,
- it's a good time to know what they like. (when they choose which puzzle they want to do)
- children can improve their hand to eye coordination
- improves how they think logically
- it helps them to recognizes shapes and colours
- they can become independent as they know how to do the puzzle, they love to claim that they can do it “all by themselves”
- it can help to increase their confidence
- they can feel the different textures
At the moment, my daughters already have wooden puzzles, some cheap puzzles from night market (pasar malam yg dijual RM2 satu), princesses puzzles and Dora puzzles from a supermarket. I'm planning to buy some more challenging puzzles for them. Have you ever tried to use jigsaw puzzles as a fun learning tool?