Check this out!

Click To View

A & N academic and scientific editing service

Contact us when you need someone to proof read or translate some documents.
http://www.annediting.com/index.html

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

First ever project. (during school holidays)

If u have read my entry before regarding my plans, u definately know that I have lots of plan to occupy my kids during this school holidays. Today(7 July 2009), I've started with the first one. We (my kids, my friend's kid and I) made chocolate chip cookies. Well, I prepared the cookie dough and asked the children to help me by putting the cookies on the baking sheets.


(My daughter, Fathini n her friend Nazlah were putting the dough on the baking sheet)

They were so excited to be able to help me as they had some opportunities to do some baking in their schools too. They really listened to my instructions. However, my youngest daughter, Hafizah was just watching us. She might be too little to join in this kind of activity. I might try to involve her in other activities. We were able to bake four batches of choc. chip cookies.
(The process of baking the cookies)

We waited for about 25 minutes before we could try the first batch of the cookies. Of course, the kids couldn't wait to try the cookies. When the cookies were ready, the kids were gobbling (not really eating) even though I asked them to make sure that the cookies were not too hot. After they have gobbled about 3-4 cookies each, they resumed with their playing activities. The cookies that they made were actually quite big compared to what I used to do. But, I was happy because I could involve them in the process.

( the first batch of the cookies- the cooked ones)

I can share the recipe here. But I have to tell you that my late mum got this recipe from somewhere. We've been using this recipe for a long time and it's a must for our family to have this cookies during Eid. (Raya Posa).

Chocolate Chip Cookies
The Ingredients
  • 100g brown sugar
  • 112g caster sugar
  • 150g butter/margarine
  • 2 eggs
  • 285g standard flour
  • 175g choc chip
  • 60g walnut (I used almonds as I prefer almonds)
  • 25g dessicated coconut
  • 2.5g salt
  • 2.5g vanilla essence
The methods
  • Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
  • Beat the melted butter with the brown sugar and caster sugar.
  • Break one egg, beat again. Then, break the second one before you beat again.
  • Next, put some flour, choc chip, walnut (or almonds) n dessicated coconut. Put each ingredients bit by bit and mix them.
  • Use two teaspoons to scoop out some dough and put each one on the baking sheet.
  • The cookies should be ready after 20-25 minutes or they look brown enough.

3 comments:

~*as*~ said...

salam Nur..
Wa..menjadik la projek u all..
akak minta izin C&P rcp kukis tu ya.. nak wat ngan anak2 akak plk.. he..he.. halal ya..

transformed housewife said...

salam K.As,
gunala resipi tu. Mcm Nur tulis kat atas tu, Nur pun tak sure dr mana dpt resipi tu. Yg pasti memang rasanya sedap.

yatie chomeyl said...

i know where the recipe comes from as I'm the one who's been using it for the past 10 years hehehe. Resipi dr Chef Liza, dulu arwah ma gi join kelas dio..meme sedakk resipi nih